Deprecated: Non-static method Configure::read() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/frameplay/recipesnap.com/cake/libs/view/view.php on line 645
Turkey Enchiladas with Creamy Tomatillo sauce
- 2 cups shredded roast turkey or chicken
- 2 pieces green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese at room temp
- 1 1/3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 pieces 7 ounce cans salsa verde or tomatillos, drained
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 2/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cups canola oil
- 8 pieces corn tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine the turkey, green onions, cream cheese, and 1 cup of jack cheese and stir to mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- IN a blender or food processor, combine the salsa verde, chiles, cilantro and cream and process until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a heavy, 6-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Using tongs, carefully place 1 tortilla at a time in the hot oil and fry for 5 to 10 seconds just until softened. Flip the tortilla and soften the other side. Drain over the skillet, then place on a plate lined with paper towel. Place another paper towel on top and press to absorb the oil. Repeat until all 8 tortillas are softened and drained.
- Divide the turkey mixture among the tortillas, about 1/2 cup each, mounding it in a line down the center. Roll tightly and place, seam side down, in a 7-by-11-inch baking pan. Pour the tomatillo cream sauce over enchiladas, and sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup jack cheese down the center. Bake for about 20 minutes until heated through and bubbly. Serve immediately.